Latest Shocking Entertainment News: Adam Brody Details the 1st Time He ‘Really Awoke Politically’
Adam Brody is ready to open up about his political awakening.
“I remember when I really awoke politically, it was the Bush/Gore election, and then 9/11 happened eight months later,” Brody, 46, told GQ in a profile published Friday, September 25, referring to the deadly 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania. “I remember thinking that morning: ‘It’s not so good to have a moron in charge.’ And, while I do think he’s a lot more civil and honorable [of] a person than who we have leading the government now, I don’t think he’s sharp, not to mention I just disagree with his politics.”
At the time, the Nobody Wants This star condemned George W. Bush as “a bad leader” during what he called “a bad thing.”
“We’re still paying for that 25 years later,” he added.
Adam Brody Is So in Love With Leighton Meester in Adorable New Interview
In the years since Bush’s White House tenure, Brody has continued supporting political candidates that he emphatically believes in.
“The first canvas I did with Swing Left was in 2018 for the midterms in Laguna Beach,” he recalled. “I participated in a somewhat national, but certainly local effort to flip a seat that Dana Rohrabacher used to have. And I did some campaigning in 2008 — I got involved early in the century.”
Brody, who stated that he has now canvassed with Swing Left “for a fairly long time,” further posited how Donald Trump’s two, non-consecutive presidential terms affected other celebrities’ advocacy efforts.
“I think it’s the cycle. The first time Trump was elected [in 2016], it was inconceivable. It woke everyone. There was so much activism,” Brody said. “People were running for office that had never ran before.”
He continued, “It was so awful to watch him defile our government, our country, our reputation, and really pit people against each other. I felt like most of the country right away was really against it. It felt very safe to step out against him in the first presidency.”
George Clooney and Donald Trump’s History Explained Through the Years
While Trump’s initial bid for reelection was thwarted by Joe Biden in 2020, the business tycoon defeated Biden’s vice president, Kamala Harris, four years later.
“The second time, the presidency was more powerful. Corporations were lining up behind him like they hadn’t before,” Brody added to GQ of Trump’s support among millionaires and billionaires. “People had to risk more to get in front of it. It just felt like the mood wasn’t there. The country decided this is the way it wants to go.”
Brody further alleged that Hollywood has “outspokenly” grown more conservative since Trump, 80, popularized the “Make America Great Again” movement.
“As one side has more power, it makes sense that it draws people to it for all the human reasons that would be attractive: groupthink, your own well-being, your own money and success,” he stated. “Between COVID, a second Trump term, Israel-Gaza [conflict], it’s really brought out some different beliefs that I was ignorant to, and then disheartened by.”
Now gearing up for the 2026 midterms, Brody believes the political tide is shifting once again.
“As we start to pick up steam for this election, it’s getting exciting again,” he added. “We’re starting to feel powerful again.”
by Miranda Siwak
Other Important Shocking Information:
Recent Shocking Latest News World
Recent Shocking Latest Technology News
Recent Shocking Latest Sports News
Recent Shocking Latest Travel News
Recent Shocking Celebrity Gossip
Recent Shocking Weather Report
The Importance of news.
Well, News are very important in our daily life because news provide us with the information all around the world. News tell us about the everything happening around us from the weather, crimes, politics, sports, entertainment to the latest inventions, research in the science and technology too. News is more than just facts and information; it is information that affects us. News affects how we live our lives, how we perform our jobs, how we function as human. News sometime works as an evidence and proof of incidents. And most important it is the source of data and information that help to increase awareness, knowledge of the citizens in a country.
Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world Get the latest news from the world: nation, business, entertainment, sports, global Get the latest World News: international news, features and analysis from different continent Latest breaking news, including politics, crime and celebrity. Find stories, updates and expert opinion. Find the latest breaking news and information on the top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more. For in-depth coverage, of tech issues and events. with investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of tech issues and events. The latest international news, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens now.
If you'd like to support. Please click HERE to go to Support Page. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

No comments