PropellerAds

Breaking News

Latest Shocking Entertainment News: Emma Heming Willis' Most Honest Quotes About Bruce Willis' Dementia Battle

Emma Heming Willis has been open about the ups and downs of supporting her husband, Bruce Willis, on his health journey following his diagnosis with aphasia and frontotemporal dementia.

“This was the summer of self-discovery — finding new hobbies, going out of my comfort zone and staying active,” Heming Willis wrote via Instagram in August 2022. “My grief can be paralyzing but I’m learning how to live alongside it. As my step-daughter @scoutlaruewillis told me, grief is the deepest and purest form of love. I hope you find some comfort in that too 💞.”

Heming Willis announced five months earlier that Bruce’s retired from acting after he was diagnosed with the language disorder. “To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities,” a March 2022 statement signed by Heming Willis, along with Bruce’s ex-wife, Demi Moore, and his five daughters: Rumer, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel and Evelyn. “As a result of this and with much consideration, Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him.”

Bruce’s condition progressed into frontotemporal dementia (FTD) the next year.

Keep scrolling to see more of what the Willis family has shared about Bruce’s health journey:


Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Sharing the Diagnosis
"Our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities," Bruce's blended family wrote in a joint statement in March 2022. The disorder, which can be caused by a variety of brain-related injuries or degenerative issues, can result in the loss of a person's ability to speak or communicate.
Gregory Pace/Shutterstock
Announcing His Retirement
As a result of his diagnosis, the Pulp Fiction actor made the decision to "[step] away from the career that has meant so much to him," as the family explained in their statement. "We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him."
Dave Allocca/StarPix/Shutterstock
Overwhelmed By Love
“Your love, support, compassion, prayers really help," Emma Heming Willis wrote via her Instagram Story one day after the news about Bruce's health broke. “I’m grateful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."
Courtesy Emma Heming/Instagram
Enjoying Their Time Together
Amid the Armageddon star's health issues, he and Emma Heming Willis made time to enjoy themselves and the things they love most. "Mom & Dad in their favorite habitat 🏔🥾 #offthegrid," she wrote via Instagram in April 2022, alongside a photo of her and Bruce smiling while on a walk in the woods, which was taken by their daughter Mabel.
Scott Kirkland/Shutterstock
Learning to Care For Themselves and Each Other
In May 2022, Emma Heming Willis confessed that she was struggling as the primary caretaker of both her husband and her children following his diagnosis. “I put my family’s needs above my own, which I found does not make me any kind of hero,” she told The Bump at the time. “That amount of care for everyone else within my household had taken a toll on my mental health and overall health. And it served no one in my family.” Explaining that someone told her that "when you over-care for someone, you end up under-caring for yourself," the Big Breakfast star revealed that she decided to "mother" herself through exercise. "It’s a time I can disconnect and can do something that I know makes me feel good overall. I think it’s important to find that one thing that makes you feel good and build from there."
Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock
Doing ‘The Best’ They Can
"Someone told me not long ago that when you over-care for someone, you end up under-caring for yourself," Emma Heming Willis wrote via her Instagram Story one month later. “When you put everyone’s needs above your own, no one wins. I don’t do this perfectly but I really am trying so I can be the best I can be for the people I love and adore."
Courtesy Emma Heming
Finding Moments of Joy
Amid the difficult aspects of caring for her husband, Emma Heming Willis managed to enjoy the small moments of joy that she and her family experienced together. "Bringing that weekend in strong! 💃🏽🪩🕺," she captioned a July 2022 video of Bruce and Mabel dancing in the backyard.
Courtesy Emma Heming/Instagram
Playing Around
Later that month, the Perfect Stranger actress shared a sweet video of Bruce playing the harmonica with a friend during a jam session at their house.
Paul Zimmerman/Shutterstock
Dealing With ‘Paralyzing’ Grief
"My grief can be paralyzing but I’m learning how to live along side it," Emma Heming Willis wrote via Instagram in August 2022 about life after Bruce's diagnosis.
Courtesy of Demi Moore/Instagram Chris Weeks/AP/Shutterstock
An Updated Diagnosis
“Since we announced Bruce’s diagnosis of aphasia in spring 2022, Bruce’s condition has progressed and we now have a more specific diagnosis: frontotemporal dementia (known as FTD),” Demi Moore, Emma Heming Willis and their respective daughters wrote in a statement via the Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) in February 2023. “Unfortunately, challenges with communication are just one symptom of the disease Bruce faces. While this is painful, it is a relief to finally have a clear diagnosis.” The family explained that Bruce’s updated FTD diagnosis is the “most common form of dementia” in people over 60. “Today there are no treatments for the disease, a reality that we hope can change in the years ahead,” the statement read. “Bruce has always found joy in life — and has helped everyone he knows to do the same. It has meant the world to see that sense of care echoed back to him and to all of us,” Emma, Moore, Rumer, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel and Evelyn — who referred to themselves as the "ladies of Willis/Moore" — concluded the heartfelt message. “We have been so moved by the love you have all shared for our dear husband, father, and friend during this difficult time. Your continued compassion, understanding, and respect will enable us to help Bruce live as full a life as possible.”
Courtesy of Emma Heming Willis/Instagram
Birthday Highs and Lows
While marking her husband's 68th birthday in March 2023, Emma Heming Willis confessed that she was overcome with emotion. "I have started the morning by crying as you can see by my swollen eyes. ... Sometimes in our lives, we have to put our big girl panties on and get to it, and that's what I'm doing," she said via her Instagram Story. "But I do have times of sadness every day, grief every day and I'm really feeling it today on his birthday."
John Nacion/WireImage
Difficult Emotions
Emma spoke about Bruce’s condition during a 2025 appearance on a Diane Sawyer special, Emma and Bruce Willis: The Unexpected Journey. “I'll never forget when Scout said [she was worried about] me. And I thought, 'Wow. OK. I am losing it. I need to really get myself together here,’” Emma recalled, noting she needed to be treated for depression and felt “so isolated."
Theo Wargo/Getty Images for Film at Lincoln Center
A Second Home
While speaking to Diane Sawyer, Emma Heming Willis revealed that her husband was living in a second residence. “It was one of the hardest decisions that I’ve had to make so far,” she said. “I knew, first and foremost, Bruce would want that for our daughters. You know, he would want them to be in a home that was more tailored to their needs, not his needs.” Heming Willis explained that she takes daughters Mabel and Evelyn to visit Bruce daily.
Alexandra Wyman/Getty Images
Still in Love
While speaking to People in September 2025, Emma Heming Willis noted, "While the grief and sadness and trauma is here all the time, I have learned it's OK for me to also enjoy our life. Bruce would want that for me and for our kids, to not wallow in the sadness of it, but also rise to it." She also told the outlet that her "love story" with Willis "has only grown and developed more" since she took on the role of caretaker. "The way I feel for Bruce is ... it's just on a more sort of cellular level," she said. 
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
Living Apart
In her book, The Unexpected Journey, Emma Heming Willis revealed how she told her daughters their dad was moving into a second home. "'We've come to a point in Daddy's disease where the care he requires is changing. It has to be more tailored to his every need,' I told them. 'And you should be in a home that is more tailored to your needs now,'" Emma wrote. "'Also, Daddy would want you to have playdates, sleepovers and more freedom than you've been able to have here. That would make him so happy.'" Emma described the decision as "painful" despite it being what's best for the actor. "After all, this is my husband, and having him in another home was not part of the future we'd mapped out together. You really can't dream this stuff up," she wrote. Elsewhere in her book, Emma pointed out that Bruce's move "helps prepare" their daughters for his eventual death. "I know how dark and jarring that sounds, but that is the harsh reality of the world I must navigate to continue to protect our girls the best way I can," she wrote. 
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
The Hardest Part
Emma Heming Willis shared an update on her husband's illness with Extra in December 2025. "I think all things considered, he's doing really well with a very unkind disease. You know, he is surrounded by so much love and care and support as well as the rest of our family. And I think that he's doing OK," she said.  Willis has good and bad days, according to his wife, who expressed her gratitude for the family members and friends who "all show up for Bruce in our own special way."  When asked what the biggest challenge has been, Emma replied, "I think rewriting our life. You know, we had such plans for the future and I think that's probably been the hardest to digest."
Dominik Bindl/Getty Images
Handling the Holidays
In a December 2025 blog post titled “The Holidays Look Different Now,” Emma Heming Willis opened up about the challenges she faces coping with her husband’s dementia battle amid the holiday season.  “For me, the holidays carry memories of Bruce being at the center of it all. He loved this time of year- the energy, family time, the traditions. He was the pancake-maker, the get-out-in-the-snow-with-the-kids guy, the steady presence moving through the house as the day unfolded,” she wrote. “There was comfort in the routine of knowing exactly how the day would go, especially since I’m a creature of habit. Dementia doesn’t erase those memories. But it does create space between then and now. And that space can ache.” Emma added that it was “OK to grieve” during these times of change. “I find myself, harmlessly, cursing Bruce’s name while wrestling with the holiday lights or taking on tasks that used to be his,” she continued. “Not because I’m mad at him, never that, but because I miss the way he once led the holiday charge. Yes, he taught me well, but I’m still allowed to feel annoyed that this is one more reminder of how things have changed.” 
Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images for TCM
Not Always Aware of His Condition
In January 2026, Heming Willis admitted that Willis sometimes appears to be unaware of his condition.  “I think they think this is their normal. That’s not for everybody. There’s this term — this neurological condition that comes with FTD and other types of dementia — called anosognosia, where your brain can’t identify what’s happening to it,” she said on the “Conversations With Cam” podcast. “People think this might be denial, they don’t want to go to the doctor because they’re like, ‘I’m fine’ — this is where the anosognosia comes into play. It’s not denial; it’s just that their brain is changing. This is a part of the disease.”
Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images for The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration
Breaking the Stigma
During an interview on the MS NOW talk series Because We Care with Richard Lui in September 2026, Heming Willis shared that her husband is still “very present” amid his dementia battle.  “We have still so many beautiful moments of joy and connection, and I think that’s really important to share because I think there’s such a negative narrative around dementia,” she explained. “We need to be careful and reframe that. When we think about that or don’t want to talk about dementia and put it in a corner, the person living with the disease and their caregiver aren’t seen, they aren’t supported.” Heming Willis continued, “It’s important to know that it’s hard and it’s a terrible disease, but we have so many moments of joy and connection that aren’t your norm, but it’s OK. We learned to adapt and show up for Bruce.”


by Julia Emmanuele

Other Important Shocking Information:
Recent Shocking Latest News World
Recent Shocking Latest Technology News
Recent Shocking Latest Sports News
Recent Shocking Latest Travel News
Recent Shocking Celebrity Gossip
Recent Shocking Weather Report

The Importance of news.

Well, News are very important in our daily life because news provide us with the information all around the world. News tell us about the everything happening around us from the weather, crimes, politics, sports, entertainment to the latest inventions, research in the science and technology too. News is more than just facts and information; it is information that affects us. News affects how we live our lives, how we perform our jobs, how we function as human. News sometime works as an evidence and proof of incidents. And most important it is the source of data and information that help to increase awareness, knowledge of the citizens in a country.

Comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, aggregated from sources all over the world Get the latest news from the world: nation, business, entertainment, sports, global Get the latest World News: international news, features and analysis from different continent Latest breaking news, including politics, crime and celebrity. Find stories, updates and expert opinion. Find the latest breaking news and information on the top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more. For in-depth coverage, of tech issues and events. with investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of tech issues and events. The latest international news, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens now.
If you'd like to support. Please click HERE to go to Support Page. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

No comments